USN Lower School Technology!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Holidays and See You Next Year!

As the New Year marches toward us, I want to thank the parents of my students, all 372 of them (not to mention those who've outdistanced the Lower School and who are moving through middle and high school, for a total of around a thousand), for sharing your children with me. I am privileged to help guide some of the brightest, most creative, and cutest young people on the face of the planet. I hope that I am helping them to know that although the world can be a scary place, we will make it through this together by caring and kindness, coupled with mutual respect for one another.

It's a media shareout BONANZA!

This week, at least until my lab projector decided to go on the permanent fritz (a new one has been ordered), the 4th graders shared their "All About Me" PowerPoints, and I'm going to put one of them up here to share, with the student's name withheld. It's illustrative of the efforts, though, and I'll qualify by adding that though they are all the same, they're all so different that it's a joy to watch each and every one of them.

AllAboutMeExample1
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: elementary usn)




AllAboutMeExample3
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: elementary 4th)


The K and 1 kiddies finished their pics for Boowa and I mailed a large zipped folder off to the site's creator, Jason Barnard, in Mauritius. We're crossing our fingers and hoping some show up soon at the gallery at http://boowakwala.com! Meanwhile, here's the unedited collection!



Second Graders visited websites in the Webliographer designed to help them practice basic time-telling strategies. Their favorites, by report, are "Snapdragon" and "Stop the Clock."

Have a safe, fun-filled, family-full holiday break and we'll see ya next year!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home